BOW & STERN THRUSTERS
Once you have a thruster you are never going back! Stop yelling at your mate and never fear inexperienced deckhands. No more embarrassing Gooney bird docking which can cause damage. Dock and maneuver like a pro with bow thrusters or a bow/stern thruster combination. Both novices and seasoned captains
If you think that your boat has no room to add a thruster – think again and call Carolina Bow Thruster (CBT). Over 25 years of thruster installs and hundreds of boat types we have only met one boat where we could not fit a thruster – only one!
CBT is a leading expert in bow and stern thruster system design and install. We know that no “one size fits all” in thrusters – we often replace OEM thruster systems because they simply cannot design for your boating style and conditions.
- Primary New Install Brands: Vetus, Lewmar, Side-Power, MaxPower, Quick, WESMAR, ABT-Trac
- Thruster Types: Hydraulic, Electrical (AC or DC), tunnel, external or retractable
- Thruster Controls: Joystick or touch panel with RF wireless control available
- Battery switching: Manual, automatic or remote
All cables, harnesses and other materials included
- Service Brands: All
Some highlights of CBT’s design and install methodology:
- A scientific approach to thruster tunnel location involving laser metrics – no guess work or mistakes to cover up.
- State of the art tunnel faring using the best fiberglass shaping and finishing techniques to optimize thruster performance while minimizing thruster noise, turbulence and boat drag.
- An engineered installation and construction process using absolute top end materials, epoxy resins and biaxial fabrics for aviation like strength and longevity
- Intuitive and ergonomic location and mounting of thruster joystick or touch panel controls. Useable in conjunction with engine controls via custom mounts and brackets. And you can choose a wireless control option.
- Electrical installation per the ABYC code – the governing body of boat building systems installation.
- Optional additional thruster motor cooling to extend thruster run time.
- Use of high end, slim profile American batteries with high discharge rates and very long life for both thruster performance and easier placement that minimizes gear storage impact.
- Battery charging system alternatives that are designed foremost for boat safety and also provide peak battery bank performance.
Call us or fill out this contact form to find out how a bow and/or stern thruster system could work for your boat and obtain a quote.
And remember, CBT offers a lifetime installation warranty on our materials and work.